Commitment to Sustainability
Now more than ever, it's important to make good decisions about your home. At Home Paramount, we've spent 70 years helping neighborhood homeowners preserve the American Dream by practicing responsible pest control.
For as long as we've been in business, we've searched for the best methods for pest control. We explore and recommend non-chemical means of avoiding and reducing infestations. Easy and effective suggestions like where to stack your firewood, how to store your food and where to seal entry points. And we respect the fact that there are certain pests we shouldn't control beneficial insects that contribute to a balanced ecosystem such as honeybees.
While our regular services remain environmentally responsible, we offer Premium Green as an advanced green option.
Our Premium Green program is a holistic approach to pest control that integrates inspections and exclusion services with the judicious application of green products. This integrated approach involves a series of evaluations, decisions and controls. Priority is always given to low impact, non-chemical and least disruptive solutions.
Premium Green products are carefully selected based on impact and effectiveness. For example, we use a revolutionary line of botanically derived pest control products made of essential oils such as clove, peppermint, rosemary and thyme. These products are based on the natural defenses plants use to combat insects and are extremely effective.
Home Paramount's green termite solution is the Sentricon Colony Elimination System, the only termite control product ever to earn the Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge award.
Natural Pest Control
By eliminating sources of water, food and shelter, you can naturally deter pests from entering your home.
- Keep food preparation, consumption and storage areas clean.
- Avoid leaving food out. Store food in sealed containers.
- Avoid leaving dirty dishes in the sink/dishwasher overnight.
- Rinse your cans/bottles before recycling.
- Clean spills promptly.
- Put your garbage/compost in containers with lids.
- Empty and wash your pet's dishes daily.
- Dispose of dead or dying plants/flowers.
- Find and remove any sources of high humidity or standing water in the kitchen, bathroom and concealed spaces.
- Repair leaking pipes or faucets.
- Use a dehumidifier when necessary.
- Remove clutter that can provide a nesting ground.
- Clean your home frequently and thoroughly.
- Seal any holes in the walls.
- Ensure your window screens are properly fitted and in good condition.